GF Nation Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Our Mission is to enhance the development of the students of the Glens Falls School District through financial support of its K-12 extracurricular programs, including art, music, clubs, and athletics.
For GFSD Faculty & Staff Grant Request Form, please CLICK HERE.
To donate and support GF Nation Fund, please send a check or money order to:
GF Nation Fund, Inc. • 21 Dix Avenue • Glens Falls, NY 12801
Board of Directors:
• George Normandin, President – Normandin Marketing
• Frances Parent, Vice-President – Adirondack Financial Services
• Cassie Deason, Secretary – Skidmore College
• Melissa Ives, Treasurer – Carr-Hughes Productions
• Michael Borgos, Esq. – Borgos & Del Signore P.C.
• Terri Surprenant – Glens Falls Community Leader
• Christina Vanderminden – Telescope Casual Furniture
• Ric Stafford – Glens Falls Fire Dept.
• Amy Collins – City of Glens Falls Director of Tourism
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions we’ve received over the years. If you have a specific question not answered below and would like immediate support, please contact George Normandin at (518) 791-4597. Thank you for your interest in the GF Nation Fund!
GF Nation Fund, Inc. was founded as a means to supplement the annual Glens Falls City School District Budget and to help sustain and grow non-mandated, extracurricular activities such as art, music, clubs, and athletics. In 2012, when major potential cuts to the Glens Falls City School District budget put several key extracurricular programs in jeopardy, a small focused group of leaders came together to help prevent the loss of these programs. The first meeting led to a more strategic, ongoing effort to provide faculty and staff with the resources they need to offer students with the highest level of extracurricular experiences during their most impressionable, K-12 years.
The Glens Falls Nation Fund is operated by a Board of Directors, which is comprised of a well-respected and driven group of leaders throughout the Greater Glens Falls Community: Municipality officials, business professionals, alumni, and parents. Our leadership team shares a common interest in providing a means to continue to grow high-level extracurricular learning experiences for future generations of Glens Falls students to benefit from.
We seek to raise monies by hosting or participating in quarterly fundraising events; through grant development; and by donations from individuals and businesses throughout our community.
Thank you, we appreciate your support! Donations can be made by check or money order, made out to – GF Nation Fund, Inc. • 21 Dix Avenue • Glens Falls, NY 12801
It is the goal of GF Nation Fund to allocate unbiased financial support. However, specifically designated donations will be considered.
- $1,500 to Big Cross Elementary School for sensory room materials to support children with special needs.
- $1,300 to Jackson Heights Elementary School for sensory yoga class materials.
- $2,500 to Glens Falls Swim Team for Luma Lanes, state-of-the-art, nighttime training technology.
- $250 to Big Cross Elementary reading teacher Jennifer Chapman, to incorporate professionally-led yoga stretch sessions into the school day for all students. “The idea is to promote more positive mindsets, and give our students some healthy tools they can use to deal with stress,” said Ms. Chapman.
- $750 to High School physical education teacher Steve Zurlo, to go towards the purchase of a public address system. Student groups will no longer need to rent equipment for dances and other events.
- Three Lego Mindstorm Kits—one robotics set for each elementary school in the district. The kits blend traditional Lego building blocks with tech-enhanced pieces that students use to build one of several robots that walk, talk, think and “do anything you can imagine” through a programming interface.
- Three new Canon Rebel Digital SLR Cameras to High School art teacher, Sue Botch to be used by her art students for visual research on various field trips.
The Glens Falls Fund is an incredible group of volunteers who are also advancing the school system outside of the classroom. However, this group’s primary focus is providing scholarships to graduating seniors each year.
The Glens Falls Grandstanders is an amazing group of volunteers who are also advancing the school system outside of the classroom. However, this group’s primary focus is growing high school athletics. The Grandstanders’ efforts include funding sports related needs such as uniforms, tournament costs, team travel, etc. While we do occasionally fund athletic projects, they are very specific toward educational or training related activities.
Any faculty or staff member of the Glens Falls City School District can make a written request for financial support from the GF Nation Fund for an extracurricular project or activity. Grant request forms are available above in the “About Us” section.
Our Board of Directors meets twice every year to review and approve grant requests. Therefore, there are two main deadlines for grant requests: By May 15st for June fulfillment; and by November 1st for December fulfillment.
We’re always seeking new leadership talent to advance our mission and build stronger relationships among GF Nation alumni, family, and friends. Currently, we are seeking two volunteers to assist with special events and alumni relations. If you’re interested or have any questions, please contact George Normandin at (518) 791-4597.